Thursday 15 December 2011

Magazine Photoshoot + Some photo edits!

Whilst filming the last shot for the trailer, we were already in a nice setting for a photo shoot. The woodland provided some nice backgrounds and scenes which, when edited, can look quite spooky! I photographed the girls in my group posing in serious expressions. Here are a few of the photos.

I like this photo as it shows a 'dirty' effect in the girl's faces and clothes. I achieved this by increasing the contrast and de-saturating the colours using Adobe Photoshop CS5. It gives the photo a gritty look.








 I like the blurred effect in this photo, its gives the impression that the character is pumped with adrenaline and fear. I did this effect simply by tilting the camera to a different angle while the photo was being taken.
This is by far the best edit I have done. It is in fact a composite of 3 photos blended into one. The trees in the background where of the trees in the woodland where I did my photo shoot, the house is where most of the filming took place, and the girls were photographed in the wood land. I also edited the saturation in this as well as the contrast to create the gritty effect.





I am also planning on doing a better photo shoot. For example, by using black backgrounds and low key lighting to create dark, frightening shots of faces. I would like to achieve a show similar to that of the film poster for 'The Grudge', A horror film by Sarah Geller. Here is the photo from the film poster.

I want to get a shot like this where the background is completely black and all you can see is the hair and the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment